Harry, Ron and Hermione set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction -- the Horcruxes. On their own and on the run, the three friends must now rely on one another more than ever.but Dark Forces in their midst threaten to tear them apart. Meanwhile the wizarding world has become a dangerous place. The long-feared war has begun and the Dark Lord has seized control of the Ministry of Magic and even Hogwarts, terrorizing and arresting all who might oppose him. The Chosen One has become the hunted one as the Death Eaters search for Harry with orders to bring him to Voldemort... alive.
- Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint - Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson - Hermione Granger
- Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestrange
- Robbie Coltrane - Rubeus Hagrid
- Warwick Davis - Griphook
- Tom Felton - Draco Malfoy
- Ralph Fiennes - Lord Voldemort
- Michael Gambon - Albus Dumbledore
- Brendan Gleeson - Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody
- John Hurt - Garrick Ollivander
- Rhys Ifans - Xenophilius Lovegood
- Jason Isaacs - Lucius Malfoy
- Bill Nighy - Rufus Scrimgeour
- Alan Rickman - Severus Snape
- Timothy Spall - Peter Pettigrew
- Imelda Staunton - Dolores Umbridge
- David Thewlis - Remus Lupin
- February 19, 2009: Part 1 began filming. Along with Part 2, both films were filmed back-to-back for more than a year.
- June 12, 2010: Parts 1 and 2 finished filming.
|June 28, 2010||Teaser trailer|
|September 22, 2010||Theatrical trailer|
|November 19, 2010||Original theatrical|
|April 15, 2011||DVD/Blu-ray Disc|
|November 13, 2012||Ultimate Edition|
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 premiered on ABC Family and its HDTV counterpart on May 12, 2013, and was presented in a 720p resolution. It most recently aired on Freeform on March 5, 2017.
Home video timeline
- Main article: Home video timeline for the Harry Potter series